1. No multiple names. The IP address must tie to ONE name. If there are multiple names used by the same IP, then that IP will be banned. This also includes using multiple names on multiple IP addresses, such as home and office use.
2. Come up with a unique name, rather than simply "anonymous." We don't know who you are, so you can use any name you want... jerryJ, Carmen Electra, smuck, anything you like as long as it's unique and consistently used. Nicknames that we feel are inflammatory, vulgar, promotional, or rude will be removed. All groups are moderated for foul language and commercialized promotional posts. Always be respectful of other users, the system, and the moderators. We put the system online in good faith, please use it in good faith.
3. No personal attacks against another poster. It is common - and often more interesting - to disagree with a poster, but disagree with the premise using RESPECT for the other poster(s), not name calling that is personally directed to other posters.
4. Use common sense. This board consists of a diverse variety of personalities which provides much insight to many of the articles. Try to keep the posts related to the articles - and not to other posters. Also, do not disclose anything about yourself that you don't want shared with 1 million strangers around the world. While many posters can get comfortable bantering with other "regulars" in the community, keep in mind that there are tens of thousands of outsiders that also review the same posts every day.
5. Don't use offensive or inflammatory language. This site is not restricted to adults, so use language in your posts that you would use around your young son, daughter, nephew or niece. If offensive language is common around your household, make your posts elsewhere.
6. By making your posts, you certify that you are 13 years of age or over. All those individuals under 13 years of age will need a full release form from their parents before posting any messages. This is in compliance with the Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act of 2000 (COPPA).
To the many regular readers who have kept the comments interesting and compelling, we thank you for making the comment section a success. To the small handful that are a pain in everbody's backside, clean up your act or find another site to disrupt.
If we can't get things back on track for the very few that want to abuse this service, we will be forced to do one of two things: (1) Registration only, where everyone needs to sign up with their name and email address, then log in each time they use the service, or (2) we drop the discussion forum altogether and just keep the articles going as always.
Many of the articles consist of edgy, often outrageous stories, that at times get an outrageous response. We don't mind hearing about extremist views, from the left or right, as everyone has a right to their opinion. We just don't want any direct attacks to other posters, offensive or inflammatory language, or other posts that are deemed offensive to individuals or the general public.
Finally, we spend a lot of time finding these news stories, and if the forum ends up taking more time to manage than finding our readers the most compelling articles on the Internet - the forums will be dropped.
To report any abuse that we miss, send us an email at: